Apply For Housing Here
Choose Your Language
PRE-APPLICATIONS FOR CITY OF MESA HOUSING AUTHORITY (MHA)
Housing Rental Assistance Programs
Applicants with a visual impairment who will be using a screen reader program to complete this application may have issues on the drop down selections. For a reasonable accommodation please contact Mary Brandon by calling (480) 644-5852 or emailing email@example.com for assistance to complete the application online or to receive a paper application.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The City of Mesa is committed to making its programs and services accessible. For accommodations such as paper applications for persons with disabilities, in braille, large print, or translation for persons speaking another language, the Reasonable Accommodation hotline is 480-644-5100. Additional questions or assistance can be received by calling Mary Brandon at (480) 644-5852, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, calling Mesa Housing front desk at 480-644-3536, or AzRelay 7-1-1 for those who are deaf or hard of hearing. For more information, please see the Instructions for Persons with Disabilities and Persons with Limited English on the website at www.mesaaz.gov
Before you begin the application process, please have available your
social security card, names and
dates of birth of all family members. Also you will
need income of all family members. Make sure you have typed
correctly all information.
paper and pen ready to write down your confirmation number.
Submit only ONE application to the City of Mesa Housing Authority (MHA). Duplicate
forms will not be accepted.
Applications can be received online anytime during the wait list period. Applicants will receive a confirmation number to acknowledge successful transmission of the application. By submitting this pre-application information you are not guaranteed placement on any waiting list.
Maintaining Your Status on the Waiting List
Once you are on the waiting list, we will only contact you by mail . We send out letters by mail when your name comes to the top of the waiting list and at least once a year to update our files. If you do not respond to our notifications, or your letter is returned undeliverable, your name will be removed from the waiting list.
If you have a change of address, phone number, income, or family size, you must notify us within 10 business days of the change. All changes to your application must be made through the Applicant Portal, which is located on our website www.mesaaz.gov/housing or complete the change form which is available in our office or on the website. Return the change form to our office in person, by fax (480) 644-2923 or mail to address below.
- An applicant must qualify as an individual or family as defined by MHA.
- Head of household must be at least 18 years of age at the time of this pre-application or an emancipated minor by a court of competent jurisdiction, consistent with Arizona law.
- Family must have annual income at the time of admission that does not exceed the established income limits at the time of admission according to the maximum income by family size established by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (USHUD).
- Applicant and all adult members of the family must pass a criminal background check.
- Applicant or any member of the family that has ever been convicted of manufacturing or producing methamphetamine on the premises of any federally-assisted housing or any family household member that is subject to a lifetime registration requirement under a state sex offender registration program will not be eligible for housing assistance.
- Applicant and all members of the family must provide documentation of social security numbers for all family members or certify that they do not have social security numbers at the time of initial eligibility interview.
- Applicant and all members of the family must meet USHUD requirements on citizenship or immigration status.
- Applicant or any member of the family who currently owes rent or other amounts to MHA or any other housing authority will not be offered assistance until the outstanding balance is paid in full.
Enter your Agent Code here...
For accommodations such as paper applications for persons with disabilities, in braille, large print, or translation for persons speaking another language, the Reasonable Accommodation hotline is 480-644-5100. Additional questions or assistance can be received by calling Mesa Housing front desk at 480-644-3536.